A. W. Tozer once said the most important thing about a man is what he believes about God. Our God-beliefs will ultimately determine everything about us. At ICON, our statements of belief are not light-hearted sentiments – they are firm foundations of truth upon which we base our lives personally and together.
- we believe… the Bible is God’s message to us.
so we… seek to understand and obey its truth.
- we believe… there is one God who is three persons.
so we… yearn o know Him in all of His complexity and beauty.
- we believe… Jesus is fully God and fully human.
so we… rejoice that Christ can be a bridge between us and God.
- we believe… people, throughout history, have sinned against God.
so we… are deeply aware that we too are marked by willful disobedience.
- we believe… God extends forgiveness to us through Christ.
so we… repent and rejoice in our forgiveness.
- we believe… God offers freedom from sin’s grasp.
so we… live lives that are pleasing to God.
- we believe… followers of Jesus must be empowered by the Holy Spirit.
so we… expect supernatural power in our daily lives.
- we believe… that God can heal both the body and the heart.
so we… pray with faith and hope.
- we believe… the mark of surrender to the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.
so we… pray that God would grant us this supernatural gift.
- we believe… in the Church.
so we… live in this community of faith, inviting others to join us.
- we believe… God gives leaders as gifts to His Church.
so we… serve those whom the Lord entrusts to us.
- we believe… God commands his followers to celebrate communion and baptism.
so we… practice these symbolic actions, reflecting on their significance.
- we believe… Jesus will return to claim His Church.
so we… live in expectancy of his coming.
- we believe… Christ will one day be seen clearly as King on earth.
so we… live as citizens of His Kingdom now.
- we believe… God is the ultimate Judge.
so we… live knowing that our choices will echo through eternity.
- we believe… we will live with God forever.
so we… live with hope regardless of our circumstances.